Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

1/2 polish, 1/2 cement - dollar store crackle kit


I found this crackle kit at my local dollar store. It is a set if three polish's, a white base polish, a selection of other colours and a clear top coat. They had many different colour's to go along with the white base but I picked this hot pink colour.

I tried this pink crackle polish over Wet n Wild White and it crackled just fine ( on my index and ring nails ) so I will assume that these polish's will crackle over other brands of polish. The pink could be more pigmented, so I doubt I will be trying this over anything other than lighter polish bases. I used 2 coats of the whites, then 1 thick coat of the pink crackle.

While I really only dig black crackle, I had to try this kit out. At 5 bucks I will most definitely pick up another one of these.....  Next time I try this I will use a profane amount of the pink crackle over a base polish.

Also; removing this crackle polish was super-duper hard. Worse than glitter polish. I only used 2 coats of the clear top coat that came with this kit. I did not use base coat over my artificial nails, but I felt my polish remover could not break through the clear top coat..... also this was one of those odd smelling polish's.... you know; the ones that smell extra chemically?


While the nails with the Wet n Wild white base crackled much better than the white polish that came with this kit, the white polish that came with this kit was much more pigmented.......
 

o

7 comments:

Polish and Charms said...

That's a pretty interesting crackle design! It's not like others I have seen! I may need to check out my dollar store!

alison*elle said...

That really is an interesting crackle design... was it the way you painted it or is that just how it came out?

xo, alison*elle

aoana said...

it looks very cool

Shannara said...

it doesn't crack like other crackles, love it

pity we don't have dollar stores overhere :D

NailsLikeLace said...

I'm not sure if I like it or not but it is def a different crackle.

Kialuzula said...

Although it crackled kinda weird I like it! It reminds me of intestins in some way, especially the closeup photo

Impoverished by Polish said...

I am a frequent shopper of the Dollar Tree and have never seen any crackle products. Despite the fact that the consistency sounds terrible, I'd still buy this because of the unique way it crackles!