Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Simple Gold Sponge Mani


The polish's I used for this look were Icing Manic Monday, Billie Gold, Icing no-name gold shimmer and ELF Golden Goddess. I sponged the Billie Gold metallic polish over my nails, then sponged on the no-name Icing polish over that and -extending past- the gold, then applied 1 coat of ELF Golden Goddess. I need another coat or two of Top Coat for ELF Golden Goddess..... it looks really lumpy plus the base on it is matte = but it dries fast for me so I am not complaining.




Icing Manic Monday - a dark, dark green

Billie Gold - thick metallic gold, very opaque & dries fast

un-named Icing polish - gold shimmer

The gold hearts did not hang on overnight..... many of them fell off. So today I removed what was still hanging on and sponged over my nails.


Polish's I used for this Mani
L-R Icing Manic Monday, Billie Gold, Icing no-name gold shimmer, ELF Golden Goddess

I sponged 3/4 of my nails with Billie Gold, and thick gold metallic polish.


L-R
* Sponged 3/4 of nail with Billie Gold
* Sponged on a sheer, shimmery gold polish, leaving a small area of the green base polish
* added 1 coat of ELF Golden Goddess
* Added Top Coat





and my Pot Of Gold St Patrick's Day from yesterday....... those little beads surprised me, I thought they would all fall off, but a surprising amount stayed on, even though I did alot of crafty things today.

Before                                                                                                 After




















My nail is at different angels, so it looks like a totally different more rounded shape. I didn't think of doing a before/after till I loaded these photos. I think I would like these beads in clear, and pastel colours. Nail polish dissolves the finish on non NAIL ART micro-beads.

I set these into wet Top Coat but the colour still bled.







11 comments:

Cel said...

Very pretty. I love all the glitters you used :D

Unknown said...

Loving the rainbow/gold nail! So cute!

ABOP Laquerlove said...

I'm not sure if you have the equivalent of a Joann's or Michael's up there. If you do, try looking there for Martha Stewart microbeads - in glass, not metal. The metal ones are brighter colored but bleed. The glass aren't as vibrant but hold their color.

laheelahee said...

i love how you wrote [My nail is at different angels] instead of [angles]! it made me smile :D lol

Lydiane Gaborieau Photography said...

Nice golden gradient :)

cathryn said...

WOW way to execute the gradient perfectly!! love it!

Mom of Two said...

This is fantastic! There's nothing "simple" about this, good work :) :)

Riya said...

Wow you are very talented. They look so nice. I really like that name of your blog "whr the canadian bloggers at?"
haha represent canada yeahhh!!! Great blog here and I really like it. Maybe we can follow each other?
From your new follower =)

Kirs said...

wauwww verry pretty!!

paint that nail said...

wow, really pretty and blinding! Reminds me of new years. =D

Kellyta said...

very pretty at night =D

kisses!