Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Wet n' Wild Lavender Creme with Icing Hazelnut / Icing un-named comparison


Here is a mani I did a few weeks ago but never posted for some reason, Wet n Wild Lavender Creme with a comparison of Icing Hazelnut and a mini un-named similar colour form an LE 5 set. There is a slight difference, very slight. The Icing mini polish has a tad more red to it.

Icing Hazelnut is a brown shimmery frost, that with careful thin coats does not leave alot of brush marks like many frosts do ( those nasty, nasty frosts)

 Icing Hazelnut, un-named mini, Icing Hazelnut, un-named mini



 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I have to mention that I wore my last mani, Wet n Wild Teal of Fortune for 5 3/4 days! It is very very pretty. Luckily there is 6 versions of this very same nail polish available all over the world. I did find that it stained my fingers when I removed it, even though I applied moisturizer all over my hands and into my cuticles before removal..... just a heads up.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below; 3 thin coats with TC - Wet n Wild Laveneder Creme is a bright fun pink, I had this for months and months before I even tried it. I really like it and have used it quite a bit in the last few weeks.





 I love this diagonal mani look, its simple to do ~ but I can never get it to look as sharp just using the polish brush, I need these french tip guides. I even tried using a stripe polish to get a diagonal line, (and then fill it in of course) but they don't seem to come out even.



Left Icing Hazelnut, Right un-named Icing Mini polish from a 5 mini set

Middle nail is the un-named mini, L & R is Icing Hazelnut


7 comments:

Kirs said...

wauw so cool!! well done!!

Minty said...

Very pretty! Are you sure they aren't the same color? They are sooooo close.

Iris @ pimpmynailz.com said...

pretty!!

cathryn said...

who wouldve thought this wouldve looked so nice?! love it fabulous vision :D

Joy said...

Hello, it looks pretty :) Can u tell me what kind of top coat you've used to this mani? I am looking for something that gives "wet look"...

Lucy said...

Love the color combination. Very pretty.

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

Kirs - Thanks

Minty - Thanks

Iris - Thanks!

cathryn - Thanks, these colours did look nice together.

Joy - I use Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. It is easy to find in Canada and I am sure it can be found at CVS in the USA

Lucy -- Thanks Lucy.