Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

♥ Sinful Colors All About You layered over San Francisco ♥

Award winning macro shot


2 coats of Sinful All About You layered over San Francisco... I love those metallic gold chunks of fleck ---sooo pretty!

NOTE: are those flecks? are they glitter? I think they are 'flecks' I hope I am right because any polish with semi translucent chunks of -whatever they are-... I have been calling "flecks" So if I am wrong please let me know ♥♥♥

I am in love with this Sinful Colors brand of polish.... $ 1.50 USD = wow. They are available on Cherry Culture for $2.00 USD... I did not check the shipping, though. They have so many beautiful finishes in their core line that I found at Walgreen. You lucky USA girls!


The gold chunks of metallic gold fleck in this polish All About You; are just gorgeous. I decided to layer it over a shimmery green to really get those gold flecks to pop. I like the sparse copper glitter in this polish... there is just enough of it to compliment the amount of gold fleck and not overpowering or competing with the flecks. Is that a fluke ~ or a well thought out glitter combination.... it seems most glitter/fleck concoctions are just a mish mash of components..... but this seems like someone put alot of thought into it.

All about you seemed really thick but was easy to apply and dried fast. I like the idea of layering these types of polish over their opposite colour ( on the colour wheel ), It creates a totally unique look.



Setting Sun

Sun

Shade




Neat! I found this at the Dollarrama in my town for $2.00!




I have the 'real' Salon Shaper from TV, and that was found in the infomercial aisle at Walmart a few years ago. I think most of these battery operated nail files are only as good as their batteries.  It is a good idea to purchase good quality batteries for all these types of things.I will do a full review of it and post my results.
These things are great to have for an artificial nail wearer. I don't mind hand filing my artificial nails but some people may appreciate this device.

I have also used this for small projects around my home as I find a Dremel tool intimidating, this has a slower rpm and the grinding wheels do a good job of some softer woods and plastic items during my crafty hobbies.












The rest of the photos in this post are of Sinful Colors San Francisco, 3 coats with no Top Coat. I had planned on layering Sinful Colors All about You over this.  I really love the shade of green this polish is. It's a little too sheer but totally worth 4 to 4 coats. Next time I wear it I will use a 'buff' shade of polish first and layer Sinful San Francisco over it. 

 
 Sinful Colors San Fransisco 3 coats no TC.


Indoor Flo

Shade

Shade w/ Flash

Shade

22 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my God.
San Francisco + All About you looks like legit Christmas to me.
SOO PRETTY! :D

Lois said...

ohmygosh, that is sooooo pretty! gorgeous!! <33

sabbatha said...

omg fantastic! Oo

Dominique -aka- 美華ちゃん said...

How absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

that combo is absolutely incredible!!!

cool nail file - I want one!! lol

Ali'sNailNews said...

Oh, WOW!!!! That is a beautiful combo! It's so fall...the gold reminds me of a leaf pile. :-) I need to get to WG today, and pick these up!

Recalcitrant Nails said...

I think they're flecks too and they are awesome fall color flecks. This is a great layering mani.

Nicole said...

I just love that combo! I put All About You over a green Finger Paints polish last Christmas - it's like a Christmas Tree on your nails. I love Sinful Colors polishes too Dee!

Michelle said...

So very pretty!

PaintAwayGirls! said...

San Francisco is GORGEOUS! I need this polish for the winter/Christmas time <3

Iris @ pimpmynailz.com said...

Oh wow, stunning! Especially the layered one :x

shortwidenails said...

it's time to share your secret. what camera are you using and how do you get such awesome macro shots?

they sell sinful at london drugs for 4.99-5.99 I think. I'm not sure if it's worth that price

Unknown said...

love this 2 COLORS !!!!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

Would be great for the holidays. However, it's too beautiful to do just at the holiday time. I love it!

Nail Galore said...

WOW!!! This is so pretty!!

Lucy said...

I have both of these. Guess I'll just have to try the same layering as you've done. Beautiful!

Lucy said...

I have both of these. Guess I'll just have to try the same layering as you've done. Beautiful!

Supersparklekitty said...

I've seen All About You at my Walgreens, but it just didn't say "come home with me." I really like that macro shot! It certainly shows there is alot more than meets the eye to this glitter!

Lunatica said...

Great nail polishes and really nice nails. I love green polishes :)

Danielle said...

love the gold glitter and can't wait for you review on the dollarama find! I might have to pick one up for myself if it's good :)

Enamel Girl said...

oh wow. i think i already own the gold one. i didn't realize how pretty it is!!!

Tara said...

i love both of these colors separately as well as layered. We just have basic sinful colors near me :-/