Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

♥ Rhinestone fun { I am not serious with this }♥

above - here is all the rhinestones from the Dollarama rhinestone wheels that I found last month.

Maybe I should say 'plastic' stones.... because these are not crystal=oops; so maybe 'embellishments'?


I tried out some of the rhinestones I bought at Dollarama  ( in Canada ) , I thought they would look huge on the nail but they actually look pretty decent. Of course, this is just a 'for fun' look. I was just messing around with different patterns and such.

Not too bad for a buck for each wheel. I also used some of the Nailene jewels, the tear drop shaped pink ones on my ring nail.

 I have applied this with just a coat of clear polish, then placed them on the nail using..... A PIECE OF DRY SPAGHETTI THAT I BROKE INTO SMALL PIECES. Serious. A piece of spaghetti, I licked it and then picked up the individul stones with it. So far this is the best way to apply stones and different nail art.

 I wish I knew that sooner becuase this whole mess took me like 5 minutes to do.

 These things actually stuck on perfectly just the clear nail polish anchoring them to my nail, but if I do a look soon with rhinestones I will be putting Top Coat over it, to make sure I don't loose any.

This was my mani from the other day 'Logical Asparagus' and I added some of the origional polish I used to make this franken; Sally Hansen HAN Radish using a curved french tip guide.

the clear embellishments

the small colour embellishments


I love the square and rectangle clear rhinestones and the Nailene Tear drop rhinetones




Sally Hansen Radish, the polish I mixed with white to get the base colour I am wearing.

I had other plans for this mani.... but decided to test out these rhinestones

11 comments:

The Green Fairy said...

How long did they last? Before they fell off? Mine never last more than a day.

Freshie said...

Use those rhinestones girl! I see an acetone soak in your future =D

Dainty Darling Digits said...

These remind me of Lady Gaga, haha!

And I'm totally trying that spaghetti trick next time I use rhinestones, how did you come to try it?

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

How darling! I like this very much. :)

AggiePigeon said...

this is so cute!!! wow, my hat is off to you Madam, you nailed this embellishment thing!

Inge (PolishSis) said...

There is no such thing as too much glam on your nails!
Love the spagetti-trick, I got a tool from Essence to pick up nailart from my sister, but if I didn't I would have used your trick.

Pam said...

Haha, I love it! The more rhinestones the better, in my opinion.

I've tagged you with a Sweet Friends award at my blog here:
http://impyroghea.wordpress.com/2010/08/14/sweet-friends-3/

Taki J said...

This is so cute and fun. I have yet to even try rhinestones. Your creations are always fabulous.

jaljen said...

When you do rhinestones you sure DO RHINESTONES! Bling bling.

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

.
.
.
.
♥ The Green Fairy - I will be doing a look with these soon and testing how long they hang on with my Nailene Arylic Strong Top Coat. If you apply rhinestones either with nail glue or just top coat, I would try and add another layer of top coat to seal them in♥

♥ Freshie - Haha thanks I love over the top looks♥ I just popped these off with a 'scraper' thing and removed my polish as usual.

♥ l0verlada - Thanks - I was shocked at how easy it was to pick these up with the spaghetti!

♥ Kimberly - Thanks!

♥ Aggie Pigeon - Thanks it was super easy and fast.

♥ Polishsis - Thanks I wasnt sure where to find a thing to pick up rhinestones and other embellishments.

♥ Pam - Thanks I love over-doing it. Thank you for the tag!!!!

♥ Jaljen - Thanks this is just a look for fun, I will be doing 'real' looks soon.

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun...Do you use the foil method when taking these off?