Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

♥ Icing Sandy Beach ♥

3 coats of Icing Sandy Beach & 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat

Dang I applied 3 coats of Icing Sandy Beach and then 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. Instead of Using CLEAR polish to anchor the rhiestones and embellishments, I added another coat of The Nailene Top Coat, so everything dried before I could get the rhinestones on.

Normally I would use a coat of slower drying CLEAR polish to adhere the stones or other embellishments because I would have a little more time to place them. But the Top Coat I used dried too fast and a few of the stones on the left side of my nail did not have a chance to 'stick'.

I can usually get rhinestones to stick just fine with a clear polish, applying that over my base polish, affixing the stones and then sealing it all up with top coat.  I plan on doing that soon and testing out the longevity of a manicure like that.

Anyhoo, here I used 2 sizes of the clear ones from those Dollar-rama rhinestones and the black as well. The larger black embellishments are doll eyes. Creepy, I know. I found a small package of doll eyes at the thrift store and thought they might be cool for Halloween for spider eyes and I wanted to try them out and see how they would work out on my nails. There pretty big but I think that looks neat = 3D extreme.

 This pattern is just a mish-mash of stones I gave up halfway becuase I could 'feel' the Top Coat I accidentally used was drying to fast. Oh well, it was still a neat look and the base polish looks lovely with the clear crystals and the black embellishments.


Also when I bought this polish, Sandy Beach,  I thought it was super-ugly but now I really like it. I think I will leave it to some one else to describe the color for you. It applied perfectly and dried perfectly too.  It has a very subtle shimmer to it, and I like that it does not make my skin look too red.

Sun

Shade

Flash

Shade



11 comments:

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

Love, love, LOVE THIS!!
SO GORGEOUS!!!

mynailzz said...

this is amazing!!!!!
thanks for your comment on my blog! i bought those nailene nails so i will have to give them a try sometime!

Inge (PolishSis) said...

looks very glamorous and fun!

Delainie said...

I really like this.. it looks all work appropriate then BAM! Ring finger embellishment - gorg!!

Cel said...

Very pretty :)

Janna said...

Wow! That color is so pretty and those decorations are awesome!

My blog: cleverandcolorful.blogspot.com

Janna

Polish and Powder said...

very pretty!

I have tagged you for an award, see full details here:http://polishandpowder.blogspot.com/2010/08/happy-101sweet-friends-award.html

hugs PolishandPowder

Lois said...

I love this! Really nice. And thanks for following me!

danielle said...

great colour, love the embelishment :)

scarletpolkadots said...

these are gorgeous.

check my nail and make up blog out at:
scarletpolkadots.blogspot.com

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

.
..
.
.
♥♥♥ Thanks for the comments everyone.... I really did think this colour was hopeless-ly boring and it would be franken material, but it is a lovely chrome shade that dried very, very fast.


♥ ~*~ Dollface ~*~ - Thanks, this colour looks great with the black and clear stones

♥ Smita - Thanks! Those are my favirote nails.... they haven't let me down so far.

♥ polishsis - Thanks, I did that embellishment half halfheartedly and it turned out pretty anyway!

♥ Cel - Thanks!

♥ Janna - Thanks! I'll check out your blog and add u to my blog roll.

♥ Delayneee - hahaha, thanks!

♥ BabyD @ Polish and Powder - Thank you for the award!

♥ Lois - Thanks!

♥ Danielle - Thanks, the colour surprised me.

♥ scarletpolkadots -Thanks, I will add you to my blog roll.