Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

♥ Icing Monet ♥

Icing Monet 2 coats with 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat

This is a lovely chrome polish. I think that Icing copied some of the colours from the china Glaze Khrome.and this is a copy of Sci-fi, the sea foam green shade. I think this is a beautiful colour and do not mind the subtle brushstrokes. This applied perfectly and dried super-duper fast. I am already looking forward to trying out the other Icing Chrome polish I bought, Van Gogh.

Sun

Sun

Sun

Here is something I have started doing recently;

I filed and created 'sets' of nails, so that in the event that I decide to remove my false nails and apply a new set they are ready to be glued on ASAP ===OR====  if i loose one and cannot find it to glue it back on - I have a perfectly shaped nail ready to go. I am only doing 4 or 5 of each nail at a time.

I sometimes use that that poster tack stuff to attach the pre-shaped nails to those large Popsicle sticks that can be found at dollar stores, I have painted these and then worn them this way, and I have done some nail art like this as well ( My 'Do You Like Fish-Sticks' Mani is a good example )


Here are some Nailene Nails that I filed to match my natural nails... I did 5 sets so that when I was ready to apply another set of nails they were already filed.

ALSO; In the olden days and on some artificial nails packages today, there is no mention of shaping the false nails at the base so they match the curve of your cuticles and nail beds.

YOU CAN file and shape artificial nails to match the shape of your own nails!



6 comments:

Alice @ NailsbyAlice said...

:) I really like this colour, it remembers me a frozen lake...

mrsrexy said...

Deez: Love the colour! Where do you get Icing in Canada? Just wondering as I've never come across it in my neck of the woods!

rebeca.cd said...

Nice colour (^_^)

http://becksmakeupcorner.blogspot.com/

Supersparklekitty said...

What a gorgeous shade. It looks like Icing copied China Glaze's bottle too. I got to get me some Icing polishes!

Serikiyo said...

Hi, my name's Serikiyo. Looooove your blog and I just added you to my Blogroll if you don't mind!

Here's my site if you want to check me out, too! :D
http://diynad.blogspot.com/

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

I actually saw this polish yesterday at Icing. I thought and thought about getting it but in the end, didn't. I thought I had a dupe of it too.
And seeing it on you, wow, it is all that!!! I'd call it 'fresh.'