Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

♥ Icing Marine Scene w/ Franken ♥


Below - here is 3 coats of Icing Marine Scene, not to be confused with the fabulous and still currently available Claire's Marine BLUE, followed by a pretty franken painted on the diagonal and a pretty nailene nail stickers  . This polish is in desperate need of more pigmentation.... kinda disappointed in it and next time I wear it I will use a buff polish shade to minimize the bare spots. I knew I would be layering this and did not want to apply the 5 coats needed for opacity.

My ring nail has no TC, but the rest of my nails have 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. I thought it was neat that this polish dried to a satin finish. After I took photos of this polish alone, I applied STRAIGHT french tip guides diagonally across my nails, then added 2 coats of a pretty franken I made using one of my favirote bargain brands of Polish = Billie. I added a beautiful blue nail sticker and another coat of TC.

( I was a little heavy handed with the franken on my ring nail.... oops!)


Sun

Shade

I applied Nailene Tips & Toes Nail guides and added 2 thinner coats of my franken - My franken dries to a  satin finish and adding a Top Coat brings out that beautiful pinkish/purplish shimmer ==== WOW!



Sun!

Indoor Fluorescent




The first one on the right, is the franken I used in the diagonal layer for this manicure...... It is soooooooo pretty! I almost took off this entire manicure to wear this polish alone. It is on my list to re-wear ASAP♥


Below, some comparisons..... I totally thought that Icing Marine Scene would be a close match to one of my current Favorites, an Icing LE with no name. Icing CREME finish polish are friggen fabulous.... there sheer polish's need help though. I wish that Marine Scene was alot more opaque.... as I mentioned above this is only 3 coats when I could have used 4 to 5, and even used a 'buff' shade of polish and layered Marine Scene over it to get  a more opaque finish.... Oh Well, It's still pretty♥



L to R - Ardene Matte About Blue, Icing Marine Green, Icing Mystery polish, ChG Shower Together.



Below - Here is Icing marine Scene 3 coats w/TC, and on my ring nail is the Icing LE with no name..... Love that polish! it was 2 coats and with no TC ( for comparison )

shade


Sun

4 comments:

ABOP Laquerlove said...

All these colors are so "yummy"! I loooove greens.
Don't you just hate that about those medium-sized Icing colors? I now have 20 of their colors - all from 5 pack sets, and not one of the sets or bottles has a name! Grrr... They're mostly gorgeous though, so I can't complain!

Libby's Pink Vanity said...

*faints* I wish I could do manis like you do! Utterly gorgeous!!!

Hey, I tagged you for a Sweet Friend award:
http://tiny.cc/8gdeb

Lois said...

Love this manicure! I wrote about it on my blog!
http://nailyorkcity.blogspot.com/2010/08/nailyorkcitynews.html

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

.
.
.
♥ ABOP - I know I wish they had names, too. Gabrielle from the Edge of Sanity named a few but I think she is taking a hiatus for now.

♥ Kimberly - This is super-duper easy I will do a step by step next time I do this look.

♥ Lois - Thanks! Its easy and fun to do.