Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2010

♥ S.H - 'Green with Envy' & Maybelline - 'Natural Pink' funky french

Sally Hansen Green with Envy and Maybelline Natural Pink Funky French 
Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat

Dang! This green polish is something else, so I thought it would be neat to pair it an unbelievably bright pink. Isn't this the most garish pairing of polish colours ? Yet, I can't look away - I like it but dang, thats bright. I am not sure exactly what the rationale for naming this pink colour was. There is nothing natural about it - it is super duper bright, possibly leaning towards fluorescent, and is....is...... eye-catching.

I went with a funky french on this one..... like an actual "using the french tip guide in the proper way" instead of how I usually do it. The Maybelline polish 'Natural Pink' needed 3 coats, though. When I removed this funky mani  I wanted to see what 'Natural Pink' looked like on it's own, but just couldn't see myself wearing it for the day. It was really streaky and probably needs a good base coat to fix that.


Anyhoo- after my bright green frankens that I made with Claire's Yellow Brick Road, I had to run out and purchase this Sally Hansen polish 'Green with Envy' = WOW, just wow, this polish applied perfectly in two coats. This chartreuse creme colour is amazing. I just saw a comparison of Shreck Like colours this morning on Little Music Boxes which is worth checking out. This polish is $2.99 CAD. I can see this on my toes for most of the summer....

-Also; for the first time I actually spilled a bottle of polish - photos below.
I'm pretty sure it's because I kept making fun of the name of this maybelline polish 'Natural Pink'


indoor fluorescent lighting

@ 2 coats indoor fluorescent lighting



"Natural Pink", ummmmm I don't think so!

@ 2 coats of S.H. 'Green with Envy' & 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat

@ 2 coats of S.H. 'Green with Envy', and 1 coat o f nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat. I wore this polish alone for the day, then dd the funky french in the evening......

♥ apply french tip guides
♥ @ 3 coats of Maybelline 'Natural Pink'
Remove French Tip Guides & apply a coat or two of Top Coat.....

!!!! look at how thick that is, Dang! I almost scrapped this mani. Normally I apply T.C. while the tip guides are still on.......(* trails off *....... )




















First time spilling polish EVER - This bottle has a flaw in the base.....


Maybelline Express Finish ' Natural Pink' 3 coats w/ 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat


Maybelline Express Finish ' Natural Pink' 3 coats w/ 1 coat of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Aww, they look like sweets! I'm loving the colour combo, looks great together!

~*~ Dollface ~*~ said...

I don't know why, but I just adore pink & green together! SO pretty!

ABOP Laquerlove said...

Great combination.

Liz (iceomatic's nails) said...

So cute!! It looks like the maybelline mascara container. Great lash?

Unknown said...

i loved your blog!!! your nails are beautiful!!!

http://anitamakingof.blogspot.com/

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

ahhh such cute nails! i love the funky freshness of them

Lolitadewdrop said...

I agree with you that is not a very natural pink, but it is a VERY funky french. :D

cucumpear said...

That green/pink combination just made me smile so wide my mouth started hurting. ;-)
Love it!

schmut said...

Such a great combo and a good way of keeping the french fun.

Skulda said...

That is so CUTE! It reminds me of a watermelon.

Mae Espiritu Makeup Obra said...

i like the color combo.. perfect funky french! =)