Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

♥ Maybelline Antique 'Mod Mauve' with a franken and Chevron Tips ♥

 Maybelline Mod Mauve 3 coats with a new franken Polish I made Opal Radish 2 coats of Nailene T.C.


Here is another lovely Maybelline Express finish polish that I picked up last weekend =  for .62 cents! I am super duper sad that an awesome store in my town in closing ~ Field's Department stores is where I found all those awesome old Maybelline Express Finish Polish's, and my awesome mini salad spinner. When I popped in last weekend, these three Maybelline Express Finish Polish's hanging on the shelf = all alone. They ended up costing $0.62 CAD each so of course I had to take them home with me. 


I have already modeled 'Natural Pink' and will eventually get to the other polish 'Cafe Au Lait'. 'Natural Pink' was very thin and runny ( I spilled it! of course ) while the other two are very thick and difficult to apply as they are pretty old, but I knocked them both out in three thin coats. They definitely need alot of Top Coat. here I used 2 as I planned on adding a chevron tip to this mani but I probably needed like 3 to 4 thin coats to Top Coat to get this to shine. It just absorbed all the T.C. up = crazy.



Maybelline 'Mod Mauve' 3 thin coats & 2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong T.C.


3 thin coats of Maybelline Express Finish in 'Mod Mauve'. I have exactly 2 polish's in this colour family
apply chevron tips = K I haven't seen Chevron french tip guides in stores for several years. Really I suppose you could just cut out a square and stick it on - but I like to be fancy.

I snip the excess sticker overhanging my nails so it doesn't catch on anything and ruin my mani ( snipped below )
2 coats of an awesome franken I made Opal Radish


( I will post these franknes soon = they are pretty awesome)
Dang - I had alot of 'bleeding' due to the sticker paper not adhering properly oddly though it left a alot of glue goo on my nails. It was very humid I probably should have used another type of french tip guide { Nailene Perhaps? }















Sometimes when I use Sticker Paper for my chevron or other weird shaped french tips/nail art = this happens. I think it's too humid and so the sticker paper glue melts. = Yuck! I did end up scraping and manipulating the oops area, but I did not get the crisp line I wanted = DANG!


I am whipping up another batch of frankens this week and it's going to be a collection of a colour that I have very little of. When I was hunting around for a specific shade I was shocked and appalled that I only 1 polish in this colour family...... any guesses? Okay it's lavender and lilac cremes. I always reach for China Glaze 'Spontaneous' and never felt the need for another lite purple-ish colour.... But I am hoping to whip up some pretty pastel lilac's and pale lavender colours.

In case you missed it - I did a post about these cheap polish's from the dollarrama and being able to rinse them out - WITH WATER AND A SMIDGEN OF SOAP!!!! (Thank-you frankennerdery for sharing this awesome tip with the world! )

This inexpensive polish has the consistency and scent of white glue, I guess it's for kids and so it is non toxic and safe.... but it never DRIES.. ( ??? ) so I dumped out the contents of this polish and rinsed them out with water. I made sure to remove the brush stem from the lid/brush handle and let everything dry.

before you run to dollarama (CANADA) MAKE SURE THAT YOU REMOVE THE BRUSH STEM FROM THE BRUSH HANDLE, WATER WILL COLLECT IN THAT CAVITY AND END UP IN YOUR POLISH. AND THEN MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS DRY -  mine took almost 2 and a half days ( it was humid here)

It wasn't that messy and is ( thankfully ) alot cheaper than ordering empty bottles.

Yes~ I need to make more nail board thingy's already!  I am actually enjoying gluing them on to the foam board and painting them = its fun and relaxing.

I picked this Acetone Nail Polish Remover up at a little pharmacy in my town. I have seen this at the grocery store and other places but not a little mini bottle like this. It was on clearance for $1.00 CAD and I wonder how it will compare to my current acetone remover ONYX professional that  picked up at Walmart.


below - polish's I picked up at Field's Department Store last weekend for like, $0.62 cents each! 

L-R = 'Natural Pink', 'Cafe Au Lait', 'Mod Mauve'

( there were 1/2 price plus 25% off too )

I'm gonna miss that store alot 

3 comments:

Lolitadewdrop said...

Hey this is an awesome post! I really like your manicure. I also have the same problem with the glue melting and sticking to the nail. It's horrible, I had to just remove it all and start again.

Recalcitrant Nails said...

I LOVE that mani, it is gorgeous.

Anlina S. said...

I gave up on finding chevron french tip guides and I just don't have the patience to make my own, but fortunately I've found it super easy to freehand chevron french tips.

I don't understand why no one makes the guides anymore - it's such a fabulous look.