Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2010

♥ Icing 'Grape-a-Liscious' ♥



Icing Grape-a-licious -  2 coats
2 coats of Nailene Acrylic Strong Top Coat


I still cannot fathom why this polish would be called 'Grape-a-luscious'. It is a very pretty colow with nice glitter in it. I had a horrible time removing it though.....

I snagged this at the Icing store in my town for $2.00 CAD, these polish's are regularly $4.99 each and are often on sale for buy one get one half price. I am not a  fan of Icing and Claire's polish's, but they do have some gorgeous shades..... They seem to be very watery and require alot more coats than say, a Sally Hansen polish or a China Glaze polish.... So I generally shy away from purchasing them.


Anyhoo- here area few photos of a mani I recently did. All my photos are indoors under fluroescent lighting.


YEP - This is the Icing knock-off of China Glaze 'Flying Dragon'

Claire's & Icing stored usually do a 'knock off' of some of the major brands and finish's of polish. However their quality is not as good as the major brands (  like I wrote up there). So it's not really a bargain because you use twice as much.


 - after 2 coats of T.C. === still lotsa texture -



In the photos below you can still see a few remnants of the blue polish form my Toronto polish haul! That polish was insane!!!!!

 1st coat


 2nd coat


3 coats with Top Coat





11 comments:

Laura said...

Wow that is one glittery polish. Reminds me a bit of CG flying dragon - is it similar at all?

It does make your nails look gorgeous though ^^

Michèle said...

Wow! Very nice :-)

Paige said...

That color is really awesome!!!

PerryPie said...

Actually, I think I also like this polish over Flying Dragon.

Unknown said...

wow, awesome glitter!!

elashaw said...

very very nice!! i'll have to look for that colour my next trip into the city :)

Unknown said...

WOW! That is an insane color purple!
Beautiful!

Unknown said...

I had Flying Dragon. It was matte with precious little sparkle - a HUGE disappointment that I got rid of. This looks good but 2 coats of TC and still lumpy? Forget it!

nihrida said...

WooooooW! Do I need it? I have ChG Flying Dragon...

Charis said...

Wow, that one is a really pretty purple...the only turndown is the removal, yikes...but then again, the removal issue is the downside of almost all the glitter polishes out there

Deez Nailz - Canadas most fabulous hand model said...

♥ Lau - Thanks - I love the base color of this - I totally could have used at least 1 more coat of Top Coat.

♥ Michèle - Thanks!

♥ gildedangel - Thanks I love this base color - it's such a sharp vibrant purple.

♥ PerryPie - Thanks - I think 'Flying Dragon' was a bit darker than this.

♥ Danica - Thanks - Claire's and Icing stores do eventually have a 'knock-off' for the more popular polish's and finishes out there. I do find their formula's to be a bit watery and need multiple coats, so a good quick dry top coat is an asset when using these brands of polish.

♥ Brooke - This is an awesome glitter, I totally thought that the glitter would not show through the base color when I first spied this polish at the Icing store in my town in springtime.

♥ elashaw - Thanks - it is a pretty one.

♥ Thess - Thanks - it is really vibrant and bright. I think that an outdoor phot in sunshine and shade would have been a better way to show off this brightness.

♥ Ja - Thanks - ChG 'Flying Dragon' was a matte? hmmmmmm.... I know what you mean about that lumpiness.. I totally could have used another coat of T.C. but I was forward thinking about difficult taking this off would be!

♥ Nihrida - Thanks - If taking of ChG 'Flying Dragon' was easy to do - I would skip this one. Because the removal was a pain in the bunzzzzzz. It is very pretty though

♥ Charis - Thanks - it is a great purple. Yep that removal scared me from doing a pedicure with this polish. I will likely wear this again when I am ready to take off my fake nails, and there is some sunshine for some outdoor pics.